This interactive GRADskills workshop is delivered by staff from Student Services. It takes elements from the Scottish Mental Health First Aid training, and other mental health information, and puts this alongside the University policies to inform staff in understanding and addressing mental health issues within the University community. You will learn about mental ill-health in the UK and also in St Andrews, to challenge perceptions and give information about common mental health problems, as well as practical steps to take when you experience a difficult situation or student in distress, including who can help and who to refer to.
Request a place: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/pdms/?CourseID=7587
What previous participants have said about this course:
- “It was very well delivered and good content.”
- “Highly recommended for all PG students.”
- “This was a great workshop mixing theory & practice, lots of direct tools and skills transferred.”
- “Take the course! It’s a must for a tutor.”
- “Definitely useful for those who teach.”