An essential software upgrade of our telephone system is scheduled to take place between 0630-0800 hours on Friday 17th August 2018 .
All university landlines will be impacted, with the exception of the main University line (01334 476161), which will function as normal.
A few key points to note:
- We anticipate that the loss of service for each individual extension will be no more than 10 minutes, however the ‘at risk period’ is 0630-0800hours.
- A small number of University lifts cannot be used and will have signage and a physical barrier in place. Appropriate Building Officers have been advised.
- Call forwarding from a University extension to a mobile or voicemail will not work during this time;
- Extensions in Halls of Residence, including student bedrooms, will be affected;
- Intruder or fire alarms do not run on our telephony exchange and will not be affected;
- Access Control will not be affected;
- PDQ payment machines will not work during this time (anticipated to be less than 10 minutes);
- 999 calls cannot be made from a university telephone line during this time. If the emergency services are required, a call should be made from a mobile telephone. Please note that some mobile providers use 112 as the emergency number – not 999.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
IT Service Status page: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/itservicedesk/servicestatus/