Welcome to the Memos website.
Any staff or student may write a memo for the interest of staff/ undergraduates/postgraduates and submit for review. Any information about a student society must relate to those which are affiliated to the Students’ Association.
Please note information on events should be posted onto the Events calendar (http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/events/submit/) and not the Memos. The exceptions to this are notifications from University administrative departments relating to, for example, exam timetabling, graduation, and personal and professional development courses.
All memos are moderated by Publications and so your memo will not appear immediately on the live site and once your memo has been read you will receive an automated email response from Publications.
The memos website is at: http://memos.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk
Full instructions on how to post a memo can be found in the Step-by-step guide
Tips to help you write a Memo
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Remain professional.
- Provide a short descriptive title.
- Include your name and university email address.
- Carefully proofread your memo (ensure your grammar, spelling and web addresses are correct as these are your responsibility).
- Choose the target audience (in the right hand panel see Category i.e. staff, and/or undergraduate or postgraduate students).
- The information should be directly associated with the University and its business.
- UTREC Ethical approval – all memos recruiting human participants, inclusive of interviews/surveys which solicit personal information and/or canvas opinion, must now have a UTREC approval code included in the content of the memo. See http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/utrec/ for more information.
- Details of an event should be submitted for the online Calendar rather than Memos: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/events/submit/
Staff memos which have been published the previous week on the Memos webpages are incorporated into In the Loop e-newsletter which is emailed to all staff every Friday lunchtime. The title of each memo links to the detailed information for that topic here: http://memos.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk. This is why a short descriptive title for your memo is important. Please submit your staff memo for consideration by 5pm on Thursdays.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students receive a Memos email every Wednesday lunchtime alerting them all to memos which have been posted over the past week on the webpages http://memos.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk. The title of each memo links to the detailed information for that topic on this site. This is why a short descriptive title for your memo is important. Please submit your memo for undergraduate and postgraduate students by 11am on Wednesdays.
If you have any questions or wish to edit/delete a memo which has been published please contact Publications by email: email@example.com or by phone: (01334 46) 3020.