Participants Wanted: Women Leaders in U.K Higher Education

Sarah Hathorn
Wednesday 7 December 2022

UTREC Approval Code: MN1650

“What is the role of emotions in women’s leadership experiences within the context of U.K. Higher Education?”

This study is being conducted as part of my, Sarah Hathorn’s, PhD Thesis in the School of Management at the University of St Andrews.

I invite you to participate in a research project about the role of emotions in women’s leadership experiences in U.K. Higher Education. I am looking for women academics in U.K. Higher Education who engage in leadership to volunteer to be interviewed as part of my doctoral research project. I am looking to recruit both formal leaders in university organisational structures, as well as those who may self-identify as informal leaders in their university. Leadership in this research context is defined as “influencing or motivating others to achieve shared goals”. Women leaders at any stage of their career in U.K. Higher Education are invited to take part in this study.

You would be asked to attend approximately a one-hour online interview via a Microsoft Teams meeting with me, the researcher, where we will discuss elements related to leadership, emotions, and gender. The interview timeframe is set to begin in November 2022 and end in August 2023. If you take part, you will have the option to receive a tailored executive summary of this study’s research findings upon completion and approval of my PhD thesis.

If you are interested or have any questions about participation, please get in contact using the details below. You will be given a Participant Information Sheet with further details regarding my research. Before being asked whether you consent to participate, you will have the opportunity to ask questions.

Contact Details

Researcher: Sarah Hathorn
Dr. Sandra Romenska and Prof. Paul Hibbert [Supervisors]

Contact Details: [email protected]